To obtain an IP address, please complete and submit the form below.
(insert form here)
Please review these computer security and maintenance best practices before submitting:
- Updated OS: Ensure that your Operating System and Software Packages are updated on a regular basis.
- Strong Passwords: Please protect all accounts on your computer with strong passwords.
- Protected Shares: Ensure that any shares on your computer are protected.
- Firewall: Run personal firewall software on your computer and only open network ports if necessary.
- Network Caution: Only run network services (ssh, smb, Windows file sharing, etc.) if necessary.
- Anti-Virus Software: Users should run anti-virus software regularly. We have a volume purchase for Symantec Anti-Virus. WHO TO ASK
- Software Installation: All software purchases and installations are the responsibility of the end user and not that of the Department IT Staff.
- Backup Your Data: Ensure that you backup critical data on your computer. It is the responsibility of the user, and not that of the Materials Department to ensure that data is backed up.
- Compromised Computers: Please note that all compromised computers will immediately be removed from the network. Generally, they are only allowed back on the network after the OS and all software packages have been reinstalled.
- Valid IP Address Required: Please note a computer that has not requested an IP Address from the DHCP server within a 10 week period may be removed from the server, a new request will be required to be placed back on the Materials Network.
By submiting this application I have read all the points listed above and implemented them on my computer, and I agree to follow all Computing & Network Security Policies.
(insert submit here)