Perspectives from Industry
• What technologies is Cisco investing in?
• Cisco’s interest in growth areas and how they relate to materials.
• What are the current industry trends?
• What I would have done differently if I were a graduate student today.
• Private industry employment prospects for PhDs in materials.
Mason Hu has close to 30 years of experience in industry in various engineering capacities. His experience covers PCB manufacturing, PCB assembly, semiconductor packaging and OEM/ODM supplier management. Mason joined Cisco Systems, Inc. in 2000 and has held multiple roles in the last 20 years. He is currently a Director in Supply Chain Operation. His current responsibilities includes supplier quality and technology management, digitization of business processes and data science applications. Mason received a B.S. in Chemical Engineering from National Taiwan University in 1982; he obtained a Masters in Chemical Engineering from Cornell University in 1985, a Ph.D. in Materials from UC Santa Barbara in 1989. Mason currently resides in the Bay Area.